My p.m. pick-me-up
I'm one of those people who (i) are very sensitive to caffeine and (ii) become tired (instead of energised) after breaking the fast.
So now at iftar I make a cup of tea... and I think now I can make decent Yemeni tea. For two people, use the tea leaves from two teabags and boil 2.5 cups of water. Since we are a Splenda household, I don't boil the water with sugar first, just with the tea leaves and the Secret Spices... After the tea has become dark and has a nice spicy aroma, turn down the stove and let the tea cool down to a slow simmer. Add the evaporated milk (depends how milky you like it) and turn off stove. Add Splenda at the end.
Does the trick!
So now at iftar I make a cup of tea... and I think now I can make decent Yemeni tea. For two people, use the tea leaves from two teabags and boil 2.5 cups of water. Since we are a Splenda household, I don't boil the water with sugar first, just with the tea leaves and the Secret Spices... After the tea has become dark and has a nice spicy aroma, turn down the stove and let the tea cool down to a slow simmer. Add the evaporated milk (depends how milky you like it) and turn off stove. Add Splenda at the end.
Does the trick!
Comments