That's enough, Mr MacBride
I've just finished reading the fourth Stuart MacBride crime novel (The Flesh House), and I have to say that I WON'T READ ANOTHER ONE.
The first one was good. The second and third were okay. The fourth one: too much fluff in the middle, too violent and the ending was disappointing.
S and I like his books because they're based on Aberdeen - it's nice to read a novel set somewhere you know - and MacBride is funny, dirty funny.
If you plan to read the book, DON'T read the following line:
The serial killer was a skinny lady who only appeared in the story line very late - I couldn't believe she had the strength to capture/drag full-grown men to her lair and skin/cut them into steaks in 30 minutes! AND after all that she got away...
The first one was good. The second and third were okay. The fourth one: too much fluff in the middle, too violent and the ending was disappointing.
S and I like his books because they're based on Aberdeen - it's nice to read a novel set somewhere you know - and MacBride is funny, dirty funny.
If you plan to read the book, DON'T read the following line:
The serial killer was a skinny lady who only appeared in the story line very late - I couldn't believe she had the strength to capture/drag full-grown men to her lair and skin/cut them into steaks in 30 minutes! AND after all that she got away...
Comments