A tale of monkey gone mad

I didn't know there were monkeys in Yemen until I saw some today. I told my driver this and he told me this true story about his pet "girl monkey".

"I had this monkey for 3 years. The small one, not the big monkey. One day my friend came with a boy monkey and he stayed in the house for the whole day. We put the boy monkey and girl monkey in the cage and they played together all day. In the evening, my friend left and took his monkey with him. Before I went to bed, I tied my monkey's leash to its usual place.

The next morning, I heard the kids screaming and crying. Then I saw that the monkey was dead. She killed herself! I swear to God, she killed herself.

She went round and round this post, wrapping the leash around it. Then finally she jumped and hanged herself.

You know why? She crazy for the boy monkey, I swear to God. She went crazy for him. After just one day, playing with him!"

Then he added, "I told my friend: your monkey killed my monkey! But his monkey was ok."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Taiz

Sushi Night at the Sheraton

How to pack for overseas assignments