Shop 'til your card stops



I'm not much of a shopper but I love to shop in Paris (and taking people shopping in Paris). From my personal experiences, the salespeople are pleasant and patient and not aggressive. And I love that they explain the product to you and will serve you (to the exclusion of others) until you are done.

In some other places, you're ignored. Or followed around by a salesperson who is checking that you don't steal anything. Or blatantly lied to ("yes, it will fit you, no problem"). Or verbally assaulted ("you'd better use this, you have big pores"). Or pressured/manipulated into buying other stuff ("if you spend another 150 dollars, you get this free cheapo bag worth 5 dollars"). I get all of the above whenever I shop at home, in Malaysia.

In Paris, if you buy lotions and creams, they will tell you how and when to use it. If you buy handbags or watches for example, they will tell you what the brand is famous for, which line, which season (permanent collection/limited edition), how it's made, when to wear (for day/work/evenings), how to wear, what the 'cute/cool' features are, and the look/design (e.g. elegant, classy, sporty, fresh, young)... and why it looks good on you!

OK, it's just spin but it's still nice. :o)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Taiz

Sushi Night at the Sheraton

How to pack for overseas assignments