3 months, 3 weeks and 3 days
...since arriving in Paris and I can count my posts!

Wondering why I haven't been inspired lately...maybe because life is less "quirky" here?
Having said that there are plenty things weird in France...
Like I'm sure most people don't know that the French state gives women medals for having 3 or 4 kids or more.
And steak tartare is not steak with some kind of sauce but is actually raw minced beef. Sometimes topped with a raw egg. It's not a rare delicacy either (excuse the pun). Knowing the names of French dishes and cooking styles is not a trivial thing, there are entire books on it!

And I now recognise that the French think VERY differently from the "Anglo-Saxon" way, it's pretty scary how extreme the differences are. (S and I attended a seminar on French culture - it explained a lot! Must admit, now I get less worked up about behaviour that seems strange/rude to me.)
I started French classes in January. Had hoped to make new friends but I couldn't join a class because of work. So doing a 44-hour, one-to-one course at a centre in the neighbouring district. As it turns out, the individual classes are good too because it's all about me, me, me! :o)
Comments