The end is in sight

Yes. We are leaving Yemen in November. I think my friends and family are more excited than me. To be honest, I'm dreading the hassle of leaving one country and getting settled into a new place - even if that place is Paris. I don't feel excited yet (although last month I got a wee bit excited after buying a winter hat), but I'm sure when the packers come and go, I'll start to feel like we're on the move again and starting a new adventure.

I will miss Sanaa for the following small pleasures:

1. Frizz-free hair always
2. No housework to do
3. Good TV channels (bless you, OSN Network!)
4. Having someone else pick up laundry, run errands
5. Good enough internet that I can listen to Virgin Radio Dubai or RedFM
6. Great weather
7. Being able to eat everywhere

This weekend I will go through the house and decide what to chuck out/give away/pack.

And clear out (i.e. eating up) the old food in the cupboards.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Taiz

Sushi Night at the Sheraton

How to pack for overseas assignments