Munafasah (=competition)

My Arabic teachers says I'm one of her top two students, the other being a guy that I know. She said he pressed her to admit who is slightly better (wah! so kiasu!) but she reassured me that we're both the same.

I think he is better than me - we're not in the same class but I know he speaks Arabic very fast while I stop to conjugate verbs. Even if I were the better student, she'd favour him anyway because he's "nasheit" (energetic/hard-working) and "zhaki" (smart)...and is a tall & handsome Frenchman.

Can't compete with that...

Anyway, today I am sooooo S.M.U.G. because I got 19.5/20 and he got 12/20.

Still, I cannot win against Golden Boy because teacher said he did the test in 15 minutes while I finished it in 35 mins.

*sigh*

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Taiz

Sushi Night at the Sheraton

How to pack for overseas assignments