Fry me to the moon...



I can't believe it's only been 1.5 months since I was home - it seems so far away.

But then again I can't believe I've been in Sana'a for 9 months - that felt quick, granted I've really been in-country for about 1/2-2/3 of the time.

From my last trip home, I brought back:
  • frozen karipap (Malaysian word for - you guessed it - curry puffs),
  • keropok lekor ("fish sausages" on the packet but somehow that doesn't do it justice...and neither does the picture below)
  • and otak-otak ("brains" but I've just realised I don't really know what this is).
I was gob-smacked and thrilled you could buy these pre-made-just-fry-it-for-4-minutes afternoon snacks - shows you how long I've been away and how I'm still stuck in the 90s.

Anyway, these taste REALLY good, even better than some fresh versions.

Sadly once this stash is gone, it might be a while before I can get some more. :o(

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Taiz

Sushi Night at the Sheraton

How to pack for overseas assignments