Back in Sana'a

Sorry for the long silence. Back in Yemen now after a two-week holiday in Msia. I STILL didn’t get to eat any durian. I did have a Thai pulut durian dessert. Even though it was gooooood, it didn’t count!

The day after we got back to Sana'a, S flew to Amman for a conference. So I've been home alone in this dark house with many windows, thinking about the cerita hantu that my sisters/parents/sister-in-law shared with me last week. When the power goes out (which happens 2-3 times a day), I have to wait for the jaga to run across the garden and turn on the generator. A few days ago (in the afternoon, thank goodness) I had to wait 30 minutes because he went out for lunch. The electricity once went off at night when I was in the living room all alone...It was a long five minutes...

So, S is coming back tonight. Flight lands in 30 minutes. Being the good wife, I've cooked dinner with time to spare. Dinner is nasi goreng with hot dog bits, in true urban if-you-don't-like-it-tough housewife style.

Welcome home, honey!

I'm looking forward to the weekend because (i) it's our first real weekend in Sana'a, (ii) I've been cooped up in the house all week, and (iii) had a busy week at work, catching up and putting out two major reports...yay!

This may not sound exciting to you chic urbanites out there, but this weekend I'm looking forward to checking out the Asian food shop on Djibouti Street. Went there last week, on a Friday morning, but found out it isn't open on Fridays. Will also see if the National Museum is open. I really want to go to the Old City again but will have to find someone who knows the place.

The weather here has cooled down compared to August. It's just nice at the moment, and I read in the guidebook that October is actually the best time to visit Yemen.

24 hours 'till the weekend...

Comments

murkyparit said…
sorry for scaring you... at least ur not in jakarta.. then we would have even more chilling stories to tell you..and it comes with taped footages too..

Popular posts from this blog

Taiz

Sushi Night at the Sheraton

How to pack for overseas assignments